Vacaville Festival of Trees is the premier fundraiser for Opportunity House, Vacaville's homeless shelter, raising more than $2.3 million since its inception in 1991.
The three-day festival, which kicks off with a Gala Dinner the Monday after Thanksgiving, magically transforms the Vacaville Recreation Center on Davis Street into a glowing gallery filled with 50 exquisitely decorated, full-size Christmas trees, plus another 50 table-top mini-trees - all for sale to the highest bidder.
The holiday showcase also features a bazaar of finely crafted gifts and homemade baked goods; regular visits and photo opportunities with Santa and Mrs. Claus; and entertainment by talented musicians, choral groups and performers. Hundreds of volunteers give their time and talent to the Festival, which draws thousands of visitors. Click here to learn about volunteer opportunities.
For many, Vacaville Festival of Trees signals the start of their holiday season, providing a taste of Christmas magic as well as a tangible way to support a program that offers the homeless a real opportunity to put their lives back on track.
Opportunity House is a full-service homeless shelter relies on community donations, and Festival of Trees is its premier fundraiser.
Since its inception in 1991, Opportunity House has helped thousands of individuals and families achieve the goal of self-sufficiency by providing a safe place to stay and an “umbrella” of support, such as transitional and alternative housing, mentorships and volunteer programs.
Opportunity House also serves as a homeless assistance center, providing an essential gateway to helpful services offered throughout our community.
• Thanks to our donors, decorators, visitors, buyers, volunteers and sponsors, the 28th Annual Vacaville Festival of Trees raised $160,000 for Opportunity House, Vacaville's homeless shelter. The 2018 major sponsors included Envoy Mortgage, Vacaville Rotary and the City of Vacaville.
• Approximately one-third of the money raised came from the auction of fully decorated Christmas trees.
• Large trees brought in $36,000 and the top bid was $2,500 for "A Very Minion Christmas," sponsored by Janssen Pharmaceutical and decorated by the Janssen Elves and Helpers.
• Mini Trees brought in $9,800. Five trees tied for top bid, at $500 each:
• "Winter Wishes," sponsored by R. Dayton Call, Attorney at Law and decorated by Eileen Call.
• "A Farmer's Christmas," Sponsored by Ward & Stephanie Charter and decorated by Stephanie, Cindy and Audrey
• "Home for the Holidays," sponsored by the 5th Grade Class at Kairos Public School Vacaville Academy and decorated by Ashely Brodbeck, Cathy Hays & the 5th Grade Families
• "Silver Sparkle," sponsored and decorated by Linda McHale
• "Bake It Magic!" sponsored and decorated by Jim & Susie Tribbles
• "Our Backyard Wild Bird Friends," sponsored and decorated by the Women of Unity Church of the Valley, Vacaville
• Approximately $70,000 was raised during the Festival Gala, held on the eve of the three-day event.
• Sales of Crafts, Baked Goods, Santa Photos and raffle tickets came to $31,500.
• The funds raised will help Opportunity House serve homeless families and single women in Vacaville for another year, including those in the transitional housing program.
Please take time and thank our Vacaville Festival of Trees sponsors. Without our sponsors, especially the tree sponsors, there would be no Festival of Trees.